Sunday, July 12, 2009

LDivo 4th week







July 12th, The end of the 4th week. I cannot believe how fast time is flying by. We have made alot of progress and I am very close to getting on LDivo for the first time. He now can be ponied, Kolo 8 came and filmed this first expeirience last Monday. Terri Russell wants to film all of LDivo's first. I must say, it was a little wild. The " Wildone took one look at my big horse, Presley, and ran. It took me awhile to catch him in the round pen and for him to become used to such a BIG HORSE . After a short lesson I took him out of the round pen, down the street, and out to the desert. The news crew followed us and it is all " caught" on tape. He was so tired when we got back to the place but I must say he learned very quickly. The next time we went out you would have never known that it was only his second time. I need him to get used to me above him. Even though I need to get on him, it just isn't quite the right time. I am still ground driving him everyday and adding something new to the daily routine.

Friday I stood on the stool beside him, put my foot in the stirrup, hung over the saddle, and then pulled off the saddle and just layed over his back. He had his first bath,and got his mane and tail braided. I am now tieing him up for longer periods of time. Again, it seems like this is something he has been doing forever. He looked very pretty for his filming this afternoon.
Terri and Walker came to film his first time being loaded. I told them not to expect much as I did not expect him to get into my trailer. Well, he proved me wrong and walked right into the trailer with me. I unloaded him and then he didn't want to go back in. Finally, reluctantly, he did after they left. Today, Sunday, he walked in with me 6 times.

Everyday I am in awe of this pretty little bay gelding. He learns quickly and remembers. He only needs to be shown one time and the next time he just does what is expected of him. It's all about trust, love, kindness, firmness, and consistency.

I am planning on getting on him next week. He knows how to back up, saidepass, whoa, pivots, walk, trot, and lope, all on the driving lines. Now he needs to learn how to carry me and I am confident that we will progress very quickly from here.

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome! What a noble and wonderful adventure you are on! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete