Saturday, June 20, 2009

End of the first week

Friday - June 19, 2009: I have given my mustang the barn name of LDivo. LDivo in Spanish means " Movie star". He is adjusting to his new home with me and his training is progressing nicely. I am able to rub his face and neck with my hand. His mane was very tangled with some large knots at the withers, LDivo let me untangle most of the knots with my fingers. He seem to relax and enjoy the attention and my touch. He is a little worried about being touched on his belly and around his back legs and I have to get him used to being touched there before I can think moving forward with his training. For the most part he is happy to see me and is willing to let me gently move his training forward. He is leading, letting me catch him, greeting me when I enter his pen. By Sunday morning, 8 days with me, he is stealing bites of hay out of my arms when I go in the pen to feed him. Later today I am hoping to put a different halter on him and possibly start sacking him out with a saddle blanket.


1 comment:

  1. Movie Star, eh? Well, he certainly looks the part. And he's got a great agent!

    ReplyDelete