Sunday, June 14, 2009

Western States Mustang Makeover






My first mustang makeover was in June 2008. I picked up my mustang in Sacramento, California in early March 2008. I had just under 90 days to have her ready for the Western States Mustang Makeover in June 2008 back in Sacramento, California. The mustang I was assigned was a
solid bay mare. Her kind eye, long eye lashes and quiet demeanor caught my attention from my first sighting. She was called Diva and loved to be groomed and was willing to try most anything asked of her.

I took her home to Reno and within a few weeks she had her own fan club. Terry Russell from Channel 8 KOLO TV picked up the story of Diva and did a series following Diva's progress which Terry called "Taming the Wild". The story of Saunya and Diva was followed many from Reno and surrounding communities and not a day at the Makeover that many of her fans were coming through the barns asking to see Diva, and wanting to touch her. She was up to the challenge and took every new challenge in stride. Diva was wonderful in the Western States Mustang Challenge. We were tied for 10th place to go into the finals and lost to the tie breaker judge. She was a winner from the very beginning and did her very best to please me.

She had touched my heart in a way no other horse had. It was hard to let her go, but Diva's new owners lived in Reno and I still see her from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment