Monday, August 17, 2009

8-17-09 ILDivo's progress



The last few days have been full of firsts and a lot of event's for IlDivo and I. Before I get started with my horse's progress, there are other things that I would like to tell you about. I have my first large sponsor's name on my trailer. Check out the logo on my trailer, it looks fantastic.

Terri Russell will be doing another story on our progress this Thurs. evening 8-20-09@5:00 p.m. I will be taking IlDivo to the Mustang, Burrow show this coming week end, actually Friday and Saturday the 21st and 22ND. He will be in a red pen and will be there from 10:00 to 2:00 each day for anyone who would like to meet him. Also, we will be selling horse treats, made by Terri, to make money to help finance our trip to Fort Worth.

Rhae and Ron Testa, from here in Lemon Valley, my dear friends, will be having a rummage sale to benefit ILdivo and I and our trip. It will be held on Lemon Drive in the Wayside Bar's parking lot. Anyone who would like to donate their unwanted stuff to our cause for the trip can contact me or Ron and Rhae, 775-971-3787 or drop it off to Rhae on Friday. Take 395 North to exit 74, Lemon Drive, and follow to the Wayside Bar. The sale will be from 8 to 4 and all proceeds will go to the Saunya and ILDivo trip to Fort Worth. My many, many, thanks to Rhae and Ron.

Again, I am still seeking sponsors. I have donated all of my time and expertise to this wonder full cause of saving our wild Mustangs. With that being said, the trip will still be very costly, fuel, hotels, unexpected expenses, all my travel expenses, etc. Also, part of my sponsorship will help pay for our KOLO 8 team, Terri and Walker, to go and film live from the Extreme Makeover Competition in Fort Worth. We could not possibly think of leaving them behind. They have dedicated many hours, and many hours to come, on this story. Our common goal here is to help increase the public awareness to the beauty, train ability, and the adoptions of the Wild Mustang's.

IlDivo is progressing very well. The two of us will be ready to go, Sept. 12Th on our departure date. What is uncertain, however, is our finances. While I have received generous donations, I am still in need of help. If there is anyone who reads this who would like to be a sponsor, email me @ saunyajo@charter.net

Last week was a huge week of firsts. The little guy had his first pedicure!!!!!My farrier, Curt Sprague gave ILDivo his very first trimming. All in all, thanks to my gentle Giant, Curt, it went really well. He is so patient. I am still working on the electric clipper issue. I took ILDivo with me to Fallon on the weekend. My friends went with me. Elaina and Marilynn decided to work on his muzzle whiskers while I judged the horse show. By the end of the day, he had a shave, with a Bic razor, still a BIG improvement, and the two worked on it all day. Patience and persistence prevailed. He hates having his mouth messed with. He is very selfish.

I want to start riding him in a snaffle, again, he is selfish with his mouth and does not want it messed with. He is wearing the snaffle reluctantly.The training is going fantastic. Everyone thinks he is adorable and he is. He is talented, willing, and somewhat an over achiever. He tries so hard and gets frustrated. It's OK, we just keep moving along at a pace that he can handle. Stay tuned, there will be more to come.

Don't forget to watch Terri's story this Thurs. Send in your comments!!!!!!We want your input. Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment