Sunday, August 9, 2009

9th week with IlDivo



Here we are, 9Th week. Everyday with ILDivo gets easier. He's loading and hauling like a seasoned show horse. I am riding him out in the huge public arena. Our loping is getting much better and I can guide him around some half way correct circles. He is real balanced and very fun to ride. Teaching him to lope from walk is really making him mad. He is getting it but today I thought I had better BACK OFF!!!!! Lots of long trotting and then loping. I started teaching him some trail, side passing over poles, trotting over poles and some very wide back thru's.

His biggest issue right now is the electric clippers!!!! Not a happy pony when it comes to the buzzing noise!

One thing that is a huge PLUS with this horse is that he is a very low energy Horse. I spend very little time lunging. He is really honest. I have not had any feelings of him being bad or wanting to buck. It's a real good feeling to have when riding a " once wild mustang".

No comments:

Post a Comment