Sunday, August 2, 2009

8th week Riding in the large arena 8/2/09
















I am down to less than 45 days until leaving for Fort Worth. My Little Guy is learning very quickly but I still have so much to teach him. I was amazed at how well he did riding him in a huge arena this week end since we have only been in the round pen up until now. He is brave, very honest, very loyal, and SMART. He gets confused like any young horse in training will do. We are loping, trotting/jogging all over the place. He is adjusting real well to other horses and people. Each outing is better. This next week he has to learn to lope from a walk. this is a huge step and will be real hard for him. I expect some rebellion and frustration. It will pass.



I introduced him to a hackamore today. I have been riding him in a sidepull and martingale. He has a real soft nose and is willing to learn. I think I will be showing him in a hackamore. Stay tuned for more.

1 comment:

  1. Just watched KOLO TV #3! Wow! Saunya! You and the King looked awesome loping with LDivo! Magestic! You are magic with the Mustangs!

    ReplyDelete